Winterboard is a splendid application through which you can customize the theme of iOS devices such as iPhone, iPad or iPod. To install this amazing Cydia tweak, Winterboard app, you need to jailbreak your iOS device. The GUI of this app is user friendly and consist of all kind of extraordinary features and alternatives with many unique widgets on your iOS devices. The installation of Winterboard app can only be done when Cydia is already installed on your iOS device.
Let Us See How to Install Winterboard
- At first, double click on the Cydia icon present on the screen of the iOS device.
- Then click on the search button which is right there on the bottom corner of the screen and write “WinterBoard” in the search column. After scrolling in downwards directon, you will see the application there.
- Just then, Click on the install button to get the application successfully installed.
- Last step is to reboot your iOS device so that you can find the applicaton in the “settings” section.
Installing Themes from Cydia
- Now, tap on the “Sections” icon which is present there at the extreme botton of the screen and there you will find the bunch of categories such as Themes (App), Themes (keyboard) etc.
- Next step is to select the theme and customize it according to you.
- Preview your most favourable theme and just click on the install button.
How to Apply Selected Theme to Winterboard
- Just tap on the Winterboard app from settings app (i.e. Springboard)
- Now, when you will open the app, you will see the button of “select themes”. Just click on it.
Note: While selecting the theme, just remember the name of the theme because Winterboard doesn’t give you the option to preview the theme.
- After downloading the theme, just click on the Winterboard icon to move back. Then you will surely see the “Respring” option on the top left corner of the app screen.
- At last, you just have to click on the Respring option and wait till the device gets refreshed. Now, yu could see the selected theme on your iOS device successfully.
Removing Theme from Winterboard
Now there are 2 ways to remove the Winterboard theme:
First Method: (Remove from Winterboard)
- At first, open the Winterboard app.
- Then, uncheck the unwanted theme and click on back button.
- Now, click on the “Respring” option.
Note: If still you noticed that the selected theme is not removed, then just reboot the iOS device.
Second method: (Remove from Cydia)
- Tap on the cydia icon and find the Winterboard app.
- Now click on Modify-> Remove option. Then Cydia will definitely ask you to reboot/ respring the iOS device.
Note: After performing these steps, Cydia will remove the Winterboard app.